In addition to the best LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick also brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the fourth week of July 2017.
TBB NEWS: News this week was slim for LEGO as everyone was focusing on Comic-Con in San Diego. That said, there were still a few pieces of news worth posting!
- Review of The LEGO Ninjago Movie Collectible Minifigures 71019 — Revealed only a last month, these minifigures will be hitting stores August 1 ahead of the movie, and feature 20 characters who, nicely enough, are not all ninjas.
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie Trailer #2 arrives — The LEGO Ninjago Movie arrives September 22, and will be accompanied by a full line of sets, including one of the largest LEGO sets ever, 70620 Ninjago City.
OTHER LEGO NEWS: This week had a few other interesting LEGO-related news articles, so here are the best of the rest.
- LEGO Luke Skywalker statue brings The Force to Comic-Con, Entertainment Weekly — A 6-foot-tall model of Luke Skywalker from Star Wars made out of 36,743 LEGO bricks was unveiled Wednesday, ahead of Comic-Con’s kickoff.
- Video Shows that the LEGO zoetrope of our dreams is only a build away, Nerdist — A recent video by YouTube’s Sariel’s LEGO® Workshop shows us a zoetrope made with a handful of Lego Star Wars stormtroopers and a Technic motor base.
- Warriors Clash in The LEGO Ninjago Movie Comic-Con Panel Recap, Coming Soon — Attendees at Comic-Con International got a special early sneak peek at what’s to come from The LEGO Ninjago Movie, and here is a recap with all the juicy details.
- Rant: San Diego Comic Con exclusives are terrible and LEGO needs to stop them, Jay’s Brick Blog — “Artificial scarcity from a company that mass-produces toys is such a fundamentally flawed practice that only serves to penalize actual fans and enrich scalpers.”