The Brothers Brick publishes so many stories that we’re giving you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our Weekly Brick Report for the first week of 2017 (and the new year is off to a great start).
TBB NEWS: Holy moly, Batman, there was an avalanche of news this week. From the unveiling of Boost at CES to sending a plane to the South Pole, we have all you need to know right here, including the winners of TBB’s Builder and Creation of the year!
- LEGO Boost unveiled and Hands on with LEGO Boost at CES in Las Vegas – TBB brings you exclusive information about LEGO’s newly unveiled Boost robotics system from CES.
- LEGO Hercules travels to the South Pole – Read all about how TBB sent a model of a LC-130 Hercules to the South Pole and the LEGO fans that live there.
- Brothers Brick awards Builder of the Year to Grant Masters and Creation of the Year to Paul Hetherington‘s Batman vs. Joker Theater Showdown – See the work of these builders that wowed us so much that we awarded them TBB’s highest honors.
- Top 10 LEGO news posts of 2016 and Top 10 most popular LEGO creations of 2016 – What was the most popular content on TBB this past year? We have the results!
- LEGO IDEAS 2016 roundup and 2017 preview – 2016 was quite the busy year for IDEAS, and the next deadline for projects reaching 10,000 votes is coming soon.
- January 2017 LEGO sets available now including Assembly Square, Adventure Time – The new year means new sets! What are the hottest items that just hit shelves?
- Build your very own adorable TBB Lemur and a Vintage Tatra 148 fire truck – Here are instructions to build our adorably cantankerous mascot and a slick red fire truck.
- LEGO Star Wars 75154 TIE Striker from Rogue One – Did you catch this striking ship in the movie? Blink and you’ll miss it, but what awesome minifigs!
- LEGO Batman Movie Batman in the Phantom Zone & The Joker Training Battle bagged sets – These little sets are so cool, now we’re ridiculously excited to see this movie next month.
- Top 10 LEGO set reviews on TBB in 2016 – We reviewed over 70 sets in 2016, so which ones were your favorite?
OTHER NEWS: There was a massive amount of LEGO news from other places around the web this week. Here are a few items we noticed and thought you might enjoy.
- LEGO creates iconic JEOPARDY! game show set, Jeopardy.com – What took LEGO Master Builder Peter Donner 100 hours to build? The infamous show featured an entire category about LEGO, but did Peter have to listen to that damned thinking music while he built?
- LEGO Batman Movie graffiti art character posters are gorgeously gritty, Nerdist – If this movie is a mere fraction as entertaining as its marketing has been, then it will be almost unfair to the other movies coming out this year. Get ready for painted baseplates!
- Giant LEGO Pikachu constructed from 25,000 bricks, Nintendo Insider – Game Mania teamed up with Brick Projects to create the biggest LEGO Pikachu ever built, complete with a time lapse video of the build.
- Interview with LEGO Mixels set designer Gemma Anderson, Brickset – Meet designer Gemma Anderson to learn what she has brought to the Mixelverse.
- Photographer creates playful yet minimalist images with LEGO, Creative Boom – Order up of French fries and sunny-side up eggs made of square plastic bricks!
- LEGO humor in Star Wars and Marvel comic books, Comics Beat – How does LEGO infuse its patented brand of humor into everything from movies to comic books? Funnyman Arie Kaplan has the punchlines.
That’s your Brick Report for the week. One down, 51 to go …that is a realistic New Years resolution, right!?