Update: Read the full review of 10252 Volkswagen Beetle here on TBB!
One of the most iconic cars of all time is returning to the brick. Today LEGO has unveiled a spiffy new version of the famous bug, 10252 Volkswagen Beetle. The Beetle comes fully outfitted for a day at the beach with a surfboard, cooler and even a beach towel. It includes license plates for the USA, UK, Germany and Australia, as well as new large curve elements for the wheel arches and loads of new parts in azure. The set will retail for $99.99 USD when it goes on sale Aug. 1, and contains 1,167 pieces. The LEGO Beetle’s larger sibling, the VW Camper Van, is one of the longer running products in LEGO’s catalog, though it will likely be retiring soon in favor of this new addition to the LEGO VW family. Read the full details about the new Beetle set after the jump.
10252 Volkswagen Beetle
Ages 16+. 1,167 pieces.
US $99.99 – CA $129.99 – DE 89.99€ – UK £69.99 – DK 799.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Head for the beach with the VW Beetle!
Celebrate the iconic VW Beetle with this awesome LEGO® Creator Expert reproduction. This detailed model comprises a number of special features and elements that help recreate the distinctive Beetle characteristics, including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, flat windshield, VW logo, and an authentic 4-cylinder air-cooled engine and fuel tank. The accessible interior features beige-colored, forward-tilting seats, dashboard and steering wheel, and the roof-mounted surfboard and a cooler box can be removed. This model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia.
• 1960s VW Beetle with surfer theme features an array of brick-built details including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, white rims with distinctive hubcaps, round headlights, wing-mounted turn signals and opening hood, trunk and doors.
• Use the included stickers to choose 1 of 4 license plates.
• Remove the cooler box and surfboard from the roof rails.
• Tilt the rear seat forward to access the storage space with fabric beach towel.
• Lift the hood to access the spare tire and fuel tank.
• Open the trunk to reveal the authentic, 4-cylinder air-cooled engine.
• Open the doors or remove the roof section to access the detailed beige-colored interior with dashboard, steering wheel and tiltable front and back seats.
• Special elements include a round tile with printed VW logo, arched fender elements and an updated windshield design.
• VW Beetle including surfboard and cooler measures over 11” (15cm) high, 10” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning August 1, 2016