Today at the Skærbæk LEGO convention in Denmark, LEGO unveiled a new addition to the Maersk line, which be available starting in January 2014. Worth noting is the fact that this ship is not LEGO’s special “Maersk blue” as all the previous sets in the Maersk line have been since the 1970’s, but instead is the new medium azure. Presumably this means that Maersk blue has been permanently phased out.
Here is the official press release:
10241 Maersk Line Triple-E
Ages 12+. 1,518 pieces.
Build the Maersk ‘Triple-E’ container vessel – a true giant of the seas!
US $149.99 – CA $179.99 – DE 129.99 € – UK 109.99 £ – DK 1199.00 DKK
Presenting the largest ship in the world – the record-breaking Maersk ‘Triple-E.’ Built from over 1,500 bricks, the model recreates the real vessel in amazing detail. Our LEGO® designers have included rare colors such as medium azur, dark red, sand blue and sand green. There are rotating gold-colored screw blades leading to the brick-built twin propeller engines, which you can view through the window built into the port side of the ship. You can even customize it by adding or removing the containers. This authentic set includes a display stand and fact plaque with detailed information about the ship and, as a finishing touch, there’s the gold coin that is added under the mast of all Maersk Line ships for good luck on their voyages. This model is perfect for LEGO fans!
• Features include rotating gold-colored propeller blades, brick-built twin 8-cylinder engines, viewing window into the engine compartment, adjustable rudders, detachable lifeboats, removable containers, rotating crane arms and a special ‘good luck’ coin
• Includes rare medium azur, dark red, sand blue and sand green colored elements
• Play with the model on carpeted surfaces or mount the model on the display stand
• Building instructions also include interesting facts about the real ship
• Includes 1,518 bricks
• Ship (mounted on stand) measures over 8” (21cm) high, 25” (65cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide
Click the picture above to see all of the images, and watch the designer video below: