The highly anticipated new LEGO Star Wars set, 10236 Ewok Village, was just released in mid-August. It costs $249.99 for 1,990 parts and is the first Star Wars mega set that’s not a spacecraft. It is currently available in Lego stores and Lego Shop at Home for VIP members (free to sign up).
Here is my summary of the highlights of the set, which are elaborated in the review video below. For those interested in the parts content, you can check out the parts review video here.
- Lots of foliage and earth tones such as dark brown parts. This is a great set for landscape builders
- Plenty of play features add play value on top of looks
- The 3 main trees are also modular and can be easily switched around.
- 16 minifigs — exclusives include Princess Leia, Luke, Han Solo, Wicket, Ewok warrior, and Teebo.
- A bit on the pricey side. $200 would be an ideal price.
- Tube railings are difficult to bend into shape.
- Instructions hard to read when distinguishing brown from dark brown
If you can afford this set, then there’s no other major reason not to get it. This is a very unique set that’s as good for play as it is for display. The abundant earth tones and the foliage make it suitable for landscape builders, and not many sets have this high ratio of landscape parts. It is unlikely that the price will drop soon, and you’ll be lucky to see it at 10% off in 2013, so I recommend buying it now and start enjoying this wonderful build.