As announced at BrickCon this past weekend, registration is now open for next year’s Bricks by the Bay convention, March 16-18, 2012.
Here’s the full announcement:
For the serious LEGO® builder we again will offer a LEGO fan convention! The event will be held Friday-Sunday, March 16-18. Benefits of attending the convention include:
- Custom engraved name badge made out of LEGO bricks
- Access to speeches, presentations, and discussion sessions
- Show your models in the Grand Ballroom for convention attendees and the public
- Become a vendor (additional fee applies) to sell LEGO and related products at the convention and public show
- Exclusive discounts at the LEGO store (TBD)
- Chance to receive free LEGO sets in Prize drawings and contests
The event theme this year is “Green.” It is inspired by the fact that St. Patrick’s Day takes place that weekend, but we’re not limiting it to that: any creative use of the color green, subjects relating to the environment, and of course Ireland or St. Patrick’s Day themed models are suitable. In 2010 our theme was “The Brick Artistic” and in 2011 it was “Creative Combinations.”
Not sure if you want to come to the convention or just the public day? Read our FAQ to find out more.