To get to the important details first: it runs from August 1, 2011 – October 1, 2011 in the Starfighters Group so head over there to play.
I’ve copied the rules and prizes appears below to get you inspired.
The RULES are pretty simple:
- Make it look like it belongs in the MaK universe
- Must be a starfighter (same rules as the group: no frigates, corvettes etc.)
- Must be mini-fig scale. It doesn’t have to have a pilot (a lot the Strahl units are autonomous), but it does have to be to that scale
- Custom stickers/parts, clones brands etc are all permitted (MaK is after all, all about kit-bashing)
- Must be a new design
- 2 entries per person (in case anyone wants to do both a Merc & Strahl unit :)
- Submit a single photo of the model to the contest thread in the Starfighters Group
- Contest Timeline is August 1, 2011 to October 1, 2011 (I want to give you all lots of time to get creative)
Brick-A-Thon has generously helped me out with the prize money, so I am happy to say that the amounts are higher than what I was initially planning:
- 1st Place – $75.00 Bricklink Coupon
- 2nd Place – $50.00 Bricklink Coupon
- 3rd Place – $25.00 Bricklink Coupon