It’s official, the 10198 Tantive IV (Rebel Blockade Runner) playset will be released in September at a reasonable $149.99 for 1,408 pieces and 5 minifigs including the exclusive Captain Antilles.
The page on the LEGO Shop online is live now, though the set does not appear to be available for preorder yet.
The Star Wars™ saga begins!
Blasting through space with Darth Vader’s Star Destroyer in pursuit, the Tantive IV blockade runner carries Princess Leia, C-3PO and R2-D2 on a vital mission for the Rebel Alliance. Celebrate the entire Star Wars saga with this all-new version of the very first starship seen in the films! The Tantive IV features an opening cockpit, rotating and elevating turbo laser cannons, rotating radar dish, removable roof section and interior command center. It also includes an opening compartment with removable cargo transport vehicle and 2 detachable escape pods for the droids to make their getaway with the Death Star plans! Includes Princess Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Captain Antilles and Rebel Trooper minifigures. Measures 20.5″ (52 cm) x 7.5″ (19 cm) x 5.5″ (14 cm).
- Includes 5 minifigures: Princess Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Captain Antilles and a Rebel Trooper!
- Open the cockpit and place 2 minifigures inside!
- Turbo laser cannons on top and bottom can rotate and elevate
- Features a removable roof!
- Lots of interior details including Leia’s desk and command center with seats for 2 minifigures!
- Open the storage compartment to reveal the cargo transport vehicle
- Features rotating radar disc and 2 detachable escape pods!
- Measures 20.5″ (52 cm) long, 7.5″ (19 cm) wide and 5.5″ (14 cm) tall
UPDATE (AB): The LEGO Group was kind enough to send along a few more details on pricing and a batch of additional photos for us to share with you.
10198 Tantive IV will be available September 1, 2009 at the following price points:
- United States: USD $149.99
- Canada: CAD $199.99
- United Kingdom: GBP £97.86
- Germany: EUR €149.99
Here’s the famous rear view of the Tantive IV:
This shot of the cockpit includes a good close-up of Captain Antilles:
The command center creates some nice playability in the center of the ship:
And what Rebel Blockade Runner would be complete without two droids aboard an escape pod?