Yes, you, readers of The Brothers Brick!
Over the years, our readership has grown from a handful of dedicated readers to tens of thousands of you out there on the Web. Many of you are active in other LEGO communities, both online and “in real life,” but a vast majority of you probably don’t know what a “MOC” (My Own Creation) or an “AFOL” (Adult Fan of LEGO) is.
And we’re cool with that. We love the fact that you find what we do interesting enough to subscribe to our feed, leave lots of comments, link to us, send us suggestions, and even support what we do by buying LEGO.
As we move into the 2008-2009 LEGO Ambassadors cycle, I’m happy to accept Nelson’s nomination in the original announcement about this new process.
However, I’d like to open things up to all of you to make suggestions about who you think should represent The Brothers Brick (as an online “AFOL Community Group”) in the next cycle of the LEGO Ambassadors program.
So far, here are the people who’ve been nominated here on The Brothers Brick:
- Andrew “Dunechaser” Becraft: TBB posts | Flickr
- Adrian “Olog” Florea: TBB highlights | Flickr
- Tim “Gambort” Gould: TBB posts | Flickr | Brickshelf
- Nathan Proudlove: TBB highlights | LUGNuts blog | Flickr | Brickshelf
- Ley “Whateverly” Ward: TBB highlights | Flickr
- Nannan Zhang: TBB posts | Flickr | Brickshelf
Here’s how this is going to work:
- Between now and May 10 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, please add your suggestions for people who you would like to see nominated as a comment on this post.
- On May 10, I’ll tabulate all of the nominations, and all of you can vote on who you want to see represent The Brothers Brick.
- If necessary, we’ll have a “runoff election” to narrow the nominations to three people.
- On May 24, once the people have spoken (that’s you!), we’ll submit our three nominations to LEGO.
So, without further ado, let the nomination discussion begin!