In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the third week of August 2020.
We create LEGO art with the new Iron Man mosaic set. Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS, REVIEWS AND INSTRUCTIONS: This week we got a backstage look at the Lego Instructions For Every Day Life series, saw the reveal of the new Harry Potter collectible minifigures, learned to make a tiny NES and more.
- The LEGO Foundation expands Braille Bricks availability to aid visually impaired learning – LEGO Braille Bricks have officially launched, providing an interactive learning tool for both the visually impaired and their sighted peers.
- LEGO Art 31199 Marvel Studios Iron Man mosaic + 7,000-piece Ultimate Build [Review] – We’re going hands-on in this review with the new LEGO Art 31199 Marvel Studios Iron Man mosaic, including the Ultimate Build that uses over 7,000 pieces!
- Build your own microscale Nintendo Entertainment System [Instructions] – Thomas Gion has you covered if you love the new LEGO NES set, but don’t have the budget.
MORE TBB NEWS & FEATURES:
- Behind the scenes: How the instructions for your everyday life in LEGO were made [Feature] – We go behind the scenes and interview Primus Nair, Head of Creative of Asia Pacific from LEGO to find how the team pulled the LEGO Life Instructions together.
- LEGO’s next book will be “The Secret Life of LEGO Bricks” – What secrets are LEGO bricks hiding? You can find out when LEGO’s next book for adult fans is published.
- The new LEGO 71028 Harry Potter Collectible Minifigures Series 2 revealed – The second series of the Harry Potter Collectible Minifigures have been revealed.
- LEGO 60271 City Main Square with characters from LEGO City Adventures TV show revealed – A new LEGO City set featuring a town hall building, a limousine, a classic diner and a city park with a concert platform and new trackless tram as been revealed.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Legoland’s upcoming New York park has an attraction that makes riders feel like they’ve shrunk down to the size of a Lego brick, Insider – The Lego Factory Adventure ride will make riders feel like they’ve been shrunken down to the size of a Lego brick.
- Adidas x Lego Sneakers Dropping This Fall, Complex – Adidas will soon launch a collaborative project with Lego.
- Patent Filings Roundup: AI Inventor Facial Challenge Filed; Lego and WB Challenge RFID Toy Patents; Uniloc Challenge Denied for Indefiniteness (Sort Of ), IP watchdog – The Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), for its part, saw 36 patent filings, driven up in part by a half-dozen petitions from LEGO® and Warner Bros. against assertion vehicle MQ Gaming, LLC.
- Lego piece falls out of New Zealand boy’s nose after being stuck for two years, The Guardian – Sameer Anwar’s parents thought the lost piece of Lego was long gone – until their son took a great big sniff of a plate of cupcakes