In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the third week of January 2020.
March Madness is here and we have all the new LEGO sets for you to peruse. Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS, REVIEWS AND INSTRUCTIONS: This week we learned that you can’t keep a good giraffe down, watched the making of a life-size LEGO model of Iron Man, and reviewed two sets: a Technic Car Transporter and Jurassic World T. Rex vs Dino-Mech Battle. Meanwhile, our mind flaying Stranger Things contest continues gathering strength and entries.
- LEGO Designer Pierre Normandin talks about his inspirations for the new LEGO Creator Expert 10271 Fiat 500 set [Video] – Watch LEGO designer Pierre Normandin sharing secrets of his latest creation, Fiat 500 set.
- Build your own microscale Phoenix from Gatchaman [Instructions] – This microscale Phoenix from builder len_d69 is 51 pieces of Gatchaman greatness.
- The LEGO Creator Expert 10271 Fiat 500 is like cool, Daddy-O! [Review] – We reviewed the new LEGO Creator Expert 10271 Fiat 500 set. Will the end result be “La Dulce Vita” or “La Acida Vita”?
- Leaving LEGO Masters: An interview with the third team to leave [Feature] – We sat down with the team of LEGO Masters contestants eliminated last week during the Movie Mashup episode to chat about their experience.
- LEGO Speed Champions 76899 Lamborghini Urus ST-X & Huracán Super Trofeo EVO [Review] – We’re revisiting the new eight-wide LEGO Speed Champions released in January.
- Your guide to the 23 new LEGO sets for March 2020, including Dots, Fiat, Marvel and more [News] – We have your guide to all the new LEGO sets available now, including the Fiat 500 and the entire new Dots line!
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- Seeing A Void In Retail, Lego Will Open 150 Stores This Year, Forbes – If you’re going to sell bricks—even toy ones—what better place to do so than in brick-and-mortar stores?
- Lego is the world’s most reputable company as tech giants lag, survey says, CNBC – Lego has topped a list of the world’s most reputable companies for the fourth year in a row.
- The 10 Best LEGO Video Games of All Time, Ranked, Esquire – It’s impossible to do better than the masterpiece that is LEGO Star Wars.