In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the second week of September 2019.
LEGO serves up a freshly baked gingerbread treat this holiday season.
TBB NEWS AND REVIEWS: This week we saw the reveal of two new Technic sets, reviewed the Series 19 Collectable Minifigures, took a look at the newest entry in the Winter Village line and got a peek at the design process of the Disney Train and Station.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 19 (71025) are back to the basics and better than ever [Review] – ere’s what we think of LEGO’s new Series 19 minifigures (hint, with 4 brand-new animals, it just might be the best series in a while!)
- Announcing the TBB Banquet brick-built food collab for BrickCon 2019 – Do you like brick-built brunches? Studded snacks? How about AFOL appetizers and MOC munchies? Then you’ll want to attend the TBB Banquet!
- LEGO Technic 42110 Land Rover Defender officially unveiled – This LEGO Land Rover Defender comes with more than 2,500 pieces and is the first Technic model ever to be released in olive green.
- LEGO Technic’s biggest set ever now available for pre-order: 42100 Liebherr R 9800 Excavator – The massive LEGO Technic Liebherr excavator is now available for pre-order. This huge 4,108-piece set is the biggest Technic set ever!
- Free Star Wars mini droid VIP exclusive with Droid Commander set purchase and a free LEGO lunchbox – There are two promotions at the LEGO Store online right now, a mini droid set and an awesome retro lunchbox.
- LEGO celebrates 10 years of the Winter Village with 10267 Gingerbread House – LEGO is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Winter Village line with a sweet treat, the new 10267 Gingerbread House.
TBB FEATURES AND VIDEOS
- Behind the scenes of the new LEGO 10267 Gingerbread House – Watch a hands-on tour of LEGO’s sweetest set yet, 10267 Gingerbread House to find out what was the hardest part of the model to design.
- Tom Servo and me – a journey, part 3 [Feature] – Chris Doyle has been working on a new version of his Tom Servo replica, his first big build in nearly a decade. Come along on part three of this journey of LEGO rediscovery.
- LEGO designers of the new Disney Train and Station talk about their inspirations – LEGO designer Marcos Bessa and graphic designer Austin Carlson talk about the details of the Disney Train and Station.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- We’ve made updates to LEGO Ideas!, LEGO Ideas – LEGO has made quite a few changes to the way LEGO Ideas works.
- Python for EV3, LEGO Education – You can now use your EV3 Brick to unleash the power of Python programming using MicroPython.
- Making Minifigure Dioramas – San Diego Comic-Con 2019 – LEGO Model Shop, LEGO – LEGO interviews two designers (including yours truly!) on their process of making dioramas for San Diego Comic Con 2019.
- Are you ready for the world’s largest display of LEGO art? Here’s the scoop, TimeOut – Venture to one of your favorite kids’ museums, the New York Hall of Science, beginning Sept 28 for a glimpse at this record-breaking exhibit.
- Towers of Tomorrow With LEGO® Bricks Arrives at The Henry Ford Oct. 12, The Verge – The exhibit features 20 of the world’s most astonishing skyscrapers.
- Lego movie and game bundles are coming to PS4 and Xbox One, Engadget – Watch the film, then play the game (or vice-versa).