Over the years, our friends at TT Games have hired many readers of The Brothers Brick, and now they are looking for one more LEGO builder to join their team. If you want to build with LEGO for a living and learn how to put those models into a game, then this is the opportunity for you.
The role is for a Junior LEGO Model Designer in TT Games’ UK offices. The company has hired several LEGO builders before, including Carl Greatrix and the Arvo Brothers. But don’t be put off by any computer technical stuff, because they’ve had several successful applicants who couldn’t even use computers who have gone on to build some of the most incredible LEGO models for their games.
Junior LEGO Model Designer
The LEGO Integration team in Knutsford, England are on the lookout for a permanent Junior LEGO Model Designer. This is a rare opportunity to become part of the team responsible for bespoke LEGO Models as seen throughout our multi award winning published titles.
As Junior LEGO Model Designer, you will be responsible for:
- The design and creation of LEGO models and vehicles as required/specified by Lead LEGO Model Artist/Lead Level Designer/Assistant Game Director/Game Director.
- The design and creation of new LEGO elements adhering to specific LEGO Co. design style/direction.
- The design and creation of decals/printed elements adhering to specific LEGO Co. design style/direction.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Optimisation of models to work across platforms as required.
- Modelling LEGO elements for inclusion in the TT LEGO Parts Library.
- Assist with maintenance of the TT LEGO Part Library.
- Creation of approval materials for submission to LEGO Company and any additional stake holders.
- Help maintain Wiki documentation within LEGO Models discipline.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Provide feedback on in-house tools and scripts.
- Provide feedback on the quality and legitimacy of LEGO models produced by the wider LEGO Construction teams.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Highly skilled in the realisation of LEGO Model Designs.
- Good knowledge of LEGO themes, elements, connections and advanced building techniques.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest LEGO titles in development.
- Good communication and organisation skills.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Not required but beneficial: Experience in Autodesk Maya & Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
To apply please email a cover letter, CV and any link to your portfolio to Vicky MacMillan, Recruiter at email@example.com with LEGO Model Designer as the subject. Full job specs found at ttgames.com/jobs.