In addition to the best LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick also brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the third week of May 2017.
TBB NEWS, REVIEWS & INSTRUCTIONS: It was a quiet week, but we still got the official word on the largest Minecraft set ever made and instructions for a cool retro concept car.
- Largest ever LEGO Minecraft set announced: 21137 The Mountain Cave — With 2,863 pieces and a price of $249.99, this set is a massive addition to your Minecraft village.
- An interview with Monorail champion and brick outlaw Randy Sluder — Purists look away now, as we learn about ways to get the perfect look, including drilling, cutting and sanding!
- Instructions to build the iconic Flintstone’s foot powered car — Builder hichiroku24 shares the means for constructing your very own earth friendly, zero emission, instantly recognizable two-seater from the Stone Age.
OTHER LEGO NEWS: This week had a few interesting nuggets of LEGO-related news. Here are the best of the rest.
- LEGO train dream ride will take you to a minifig wonderland, YouTube — From the same mind that was able to get a LEGO train to do a full 360 degree loop, here is the minifig-scale dark ride of your dreams.
- LEGO reaches 100% renewable energy target three years ahead of schedule, The Independent — To celebrate, LEGO built a giant wind turbine made from 146,000 plastic bricks.
- iTunes Launches LEGO-Themed Makeover for Digital Release of ‘The LEGO Batman Movie’, MacRumors — Though not out on DVD for another month, you can now stream The LEGO Batman Movie through iTunes.
- Inside the mesmerizing world of a LEGO packaging facility, AOL.com — The facilities and the assembly process are mesmerizing. The perfectly stacked storage containers and cascading LEGO pieces provide an aesthetically pleasing, colorful dreamland for any organization lover.