In addition to the best LEGO models created by builders from everywhere on the planet, The Brothers Brick also keeps you up to date with the most timely and relevant LEGO news and reviews. This is our weekly Brick Report for the third week of April 2017.
TBB NEWS, REVIEWS & INSTRUCTIONS: It’s been a bit of a slower news week here at The Brothers Brick, with a flurry of last-minute building by several of our team members heading north to attend BrickCan. Nevertheless, the rest of the team has been busy bringing all our readers up to date LEGO news and reviews, as well as the best LEGO models we can find.
- Happy 20th birthday, Brickset’s database! – Our friends over at Brickset.com celebrated 20 years of providing a comprehensive reference for the LEGO fan community.
- LEGO 71018 Collectible Minifigures Series 17 Feel Guide – Following up on last week’s hands-on review of Series 17, check out how to tell blind bags apart with your own hands.
- LEGO set review archive – Speaking of reviews, we’ve created a reference page where you can see all of the 2017 LEGO sets we’ve reviewed so far. We’re working on adding links to the rest of our reviews from the past 12 years.
- Free instructions for custom LEGO models – Not content with the new reviews page or our history of LEGO, we’ve also created a page where you can see all of the LEGO instructions we’ve featured. Happy building!
OTHER LEGO NEWS: There’s a lot of news out there we choose not to bring you as it happens, but that doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen. Here’s the rest of what happened in the LEGO world this week.
- HIspaBrick Magazine 027 available for download now, HispaBrick Magazine – Our good friends in Spain have published the latest English and Spanish editions of their free online magazine, with features on the 40th anniversary of LEGO Technic, interviews with several LEGO employees, a review of the new UCS Snowspeeder, and more.
- Grown-up LEGO fans blocked from playground in Melbourne, The Guardian – The first LEGOLAND Discovery Centre opened in Australia, and AFOLs are raising a hue and cry that they can’t go in when not accompanying a child. (This is in fact normal practice, and other Discovery Centers in the rest of the world hold after-hours “adults only” events just for local AFOLs.)
- The LEGO Movie sequel rumors & spoilers have begun, Gizmodo – The guys at Giz talked to Chris Pratt about the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie, and asked a few questions about the sequel to 2014’s The LEGO Movie.
- How to become a LEGO Master Builder, Popular Science – Erik Varszegi shares four simple steps on how to get the dream job he has designing monumental LEGO creations seen by millions around the world.
- Brick Fest Live in Philadelphia, CBS Philly – BrickCan wasn’t the only LEGO event that happened this weekend. Check out this news coverage of Brick Fest Live.