The Brothers Brick gives you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our Weekly Brick Report for the first week of April 2017.
TBB NEWS & REVIEWS: This week we have news about two things to look forward to and one thing to get your calculator out for.
- First look at the LEGO Ideas Apollo 11 Saturn V rocket coming in June – Here is the first look at the Saturn V LEGO Ideas set in all it’s black and white glory.
- The LEGO Movie’s Unikitty is getting her own TV show on Cartoon Network – Will Unikitty get her own TV show on Cartoon Network? Only time will tell.
- First set from the new Wonder Woman movie revealed – Generally spoiler free, this set reveals big bad guy Ares and the cool new Wonder Woman minifig.
- LEGO is a worse investment than gold – Read our investigative report on the true value of LEGO vs. gold, based on super scientific, really really serious facts and stuff.
TBB INTERVIEWS & INSTRUCTIONS: You can build your own scientist or smash a MOC. It is your choice. Click a story below to choose your own adventure.
- Instructions to build LEGO Stephen Hawking – TBB’s own Iain Heath shares how he made the famous Stephen Hawking LEGO model which helped launch him into the stratosphere.
- A conversation with Canadian Iron Builder, Tim Schwalfenberg – Could you smash one of your beloved LEGO creations? Because Tim does! Find out why.
OTHER NEWS: There was a good amount of LEGO news from other places around the web this week. Here are a few items we noticed and thought you might enjoy.
- A working LEGO Red Keep from Game of Thrones‘ Opening, Gizmodo – Claus-Marc Hahn might be a bigger fan the opening credits to Game of Thrones than the show itself!
- Flybrix Review: This LEGO drone makes failure fantastically fun, Popular Mechanics – How long can your LEGO drone maintain flight? Popular Mechanics runs the tests.
- Sports anchor gets creative and uses Lego bricks to show NCAA highlights, USA Today – What do you do when your news station doesn’t have rights to air March Madness highlights? Recreate them in LEGO, of course!