UPDATE: 10234 Sydney Opera House is out now for LEGO VIP Program members, and will be available to everybody on September 1st.
The big LEGO set being revealed this evening at BrickWorld in Chicago is 10234 Sydney Opera House. Designed by Jamie Berard, this new LEGO set recreates the architectural masterpiece that overlooks Sydney Harbor in Australia. Due out in September 2013, 10234 Sydney Opera House will include nearly 3,000 pieces and cost $320 in the US.
Here are all the official details from LEGO:
10234 Sydney Opera House™
Ages 16+. 2,989 pieces.
Recreate Australia’s architectural masterpiece!
US $319.99 CA $379.99 DE 279.99€ UK 249.99 £ DK 2499.00 DKK
Recreate one of the 20th century’s most distinctive buildings with the Sydney Opera House™ model. Build the unmistakable shell roofline, waterfront forecourt and more with this authentic representation of Australia’s most iconic building. Employ a variety of new and advancedbuilding techniques to recreate the complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing of the real thing! Collect lots of dark tan LEGO® bricks including the rare 1x1x2/3 stud and 1x2x2/3 stud slopes, as well as a 48×48 stud baseplate in blue for the very first time!
- Build this model of a UNESCO World Heritage Site!
- Includes hard-to-find dark tan LEGO® bricks, tiles and sloped bricks!
- Collect the 48×48 stud baseplate, available in blue for the very first time!
- Sturdy construction allows the model to be handled and moved!
- Features advanced building techniques for complex forms, angled walls and subtle detailing!
- Measures over 11″ high, 25″ wide and 15″ deep!
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning September 2013
Here’s a video of designer Jamie Berard talking about his new set:
Don’t miss the other big announcement of the night: LEGO approves Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover CUUSOO project