Like years past, BrickCon 2009 was both exhausting and exhilarating. Bear with us as we travel home, sort through photos, and put our thoughts in writing. I’ll update this post over the next couple of days, along with a full write-up of Zombie Apocafest 2009.
In the meantime, please enjoy the photos we’ve all been uploading. I dropped my camera on its lens first thing this morning (Khaaan!), so Thanel has kindly given me permission to upload a few of the photos we took together of the zombie layout.
Thanel acted as The Brothers Brick’s official photographer for the weekend, and has pictures of just about everything.
- Day 1 (setup & socializing)
- Day 2 (opening ceremonies)
- Day 3 (most of the LEGO creation photos)
- Day 4: Wacky Racers
- Day 4: Dwarf Toss
The BrickCon pool on Flickr is the best way to find all our event pics in one place.
As much fun as running the zombie layout was, the highlight of the weekend for me was winning “Best of Microscale” for my micro Battlestar Galactica hangar. My look of surprise was both genuine and absolutely ridiculous.
Here’s a quick roundup of BrickCon follow-ups from around the Web:
- Kevoh kisses and tells
- I’m not famous enough for a photo with Sir Nadroj
- Alex Eylar will never be blogged again
- Patricia Heaton talks to Jimmy Kimmel about BrickCon
- Ochre Jelly gives us hope that the LEGO fan community isn’t all snark and drama
- LAML Radio interviews Bill Ward about BrickCon
- Shannon Young attends Croatia Fest
- Steve Witt chimes in