BrickFest 2007 wrapped up on Sunday, but I’ve been so busy I haven’t had a chance to sit down and reflect. Well, here goes.
Highlights for me:
- Hanging out with all the great people in the extended LEGO community — both from The LEGO Company and fellow fans.
- The ride down with Caylin. I think I left my sunglasses in your glove box.
- MAX, Chinatown, and House of Louie with TBB’s very own Josh, world-famous Mike, and aforementioned Caylin.
- Having a minion.
- The new UCS Millenium Falcon in person.
- The singlest largest LEGO Castle display in North America, ever.
- Sessions standouts for me were LEGO Quality with Bjarke Schoenwandt and the future of LEGOfan.org with Kelly McKiernan.
- Lunch at Wendy’s with Steve Witt and The Usual Suspects.
- $1 minifigs from Bob Kojima and Paul Hetherington.
- MINDSTORMS NXT Sumo!
- Sharing a Mountain High Mudd Pie between two tables at Red Robin.
- Scratched and dented LEGO sets (no damage to LEGO inside) for 50% off at the Washington Square LEGO Store!
- Breann Sledge’s Bionicle creations.
- Nathan Proudlove’s completed Blacktron II
- The ride back to Seattle and post-BrickFest dinner at I Love Sushi with Dan Sabath and Dan Boger. Best sushi ever! Sorry you couldn’t join us, Pamela.
- Seeing all the great photos in the BrickFest group pool on Flickr — more than 2,700 photos so far!
Phew. That was all so fun I’m now miserably sick. :-D