The Brothers Brick publishes so many stories that we’re giving you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our Weekly Brick Report for the first week of February.
TBB SET NEWS & REVIEWS: What an insanely busy week with so many new sets revealed from BrickHeadz and Batman to Dimensions and beyond. But hey, we aren’t complaining!
- New LEGO Dimensions expansions include The Goonies and Harry Potter – The new packs will include The Goonies, Hermione Granger and LEGO’s own Chase McCain.
- Beauty and the Beast LEGO BrickHeadz revealed – LEGO unveils two additional BrickHeadz characters, based on the beloved Disney characters Belle and the Beast.
- LEGO Batman Movie 70909 Batcave Break-in Review – TBB gives you a tour of the Batcave complete with Batman’s new wardrobe options!
- Summer 2017 wave of LEGO Batman Movie sets revealed – Here is our first look at the summer lineup of film sets due out in June, including the Batwing and more incredible villains.
- First look at the new 2017 LEGO sets from Nuremberg Toy Fair – Germany’s Nuremberg Toy Fair gives us a glimpse of what is to come from LEGO during the rest of 2017.
- LEGO sales and deals from Amazon for 1st week of February 2017 – From Ideas to Star Wars, TBB has the best deals of the week on your favorite LEGO sets.
TBB LEGO NEWS: LEGO has been busy too, celebrating a birthday, making waves in the business world, and launching a new social network for kids.
- LEGO named world’s most powerful brand – LEGO unseats Disney as the world’s most powerful brand according to Brand Finance’s yearly Global 500 rankings.
- Happy International LEGO Day from The Brothers Brick! – Fifty-nine years ago Godtfred Christiansen submitted a patent application for a plastic brick that changed our lives.
- LEGO Brand Group’s Knudstorp joins Starbucks’ board of directors – Coffee giant Starbucks is adding the executive chairman of the LEGO Brand Group to its board of directors.
- LEGO Life social network launched – LEGO launched a new social network app for kids called LEGO Life to provide a safe environment for kids to share their creations.
TBB INSTRUCTIONS & INTERVIWS: Cute ducks, impressive mechs and an interview with a builder of the strange and unique.
- How to build a classic yellow rubber duck model – Rubber Duckie you’re the one. You make bath time lots of fun. Rubber Duckie, I’m awfully fond of you!
- Build your own LEGO Titanfall 2 Ronin – TBB’s own Nick Jensen has instructions to build his LEGO Ronin Titan from Titalfall 2, and what a fun build it is.
- An interview with the builder of the bizarre, Fedde Barendrecht – Read our interview with an Australian builder who uploads LEGO creations almost daily.
OTHER NEWS: There was a massive amount of LEGO news from other places around the web this week. Here are a few items we noticed and thought you might enjoy.
- Most expensive LEGO brick ever sold for $20,000, NBC – The solid gold 2 x 4 brick sold for the price of four new, sealed in box, mint UCS Millennium Falcons.
- Why your LEGOs are as addictive as your iPhone, Fortune – A deep dive into the quality and addiction of LEGO, and why the company hasn’t had a recall in 10 years.
- Artist creates whimsical walls of LEGO brick, Popsugar – Artist Dante Dentoni’s most recent project led him to create walls and more out of technicolored pieces.
- Legoland Discovery Centre set for £1m revamp, Manchester Evening News – Launching in April, the updated center will have more room to play!
Whew, what a week for news! But there is more where that came from… stay tuned.