The Lego Simpsons House was only revealed less than than two weeks ago and it’s already available for sale. The set includes 2523 pieces and retails for $199.99. You can order it right now from the LEGO Shop.
Here is my summary of the highlights of the set, which are elaborated in the review video below.
- Minifigure heads are made of hard plastic (as opposed to the rubbery kind) and the printing is precise.
- Colorful and detailed interior, each room is a vignette
- Features some useful building techniques
- Furnitures are removable and all rooms are tiled
- Good price per piece ratio
- It’s the only Simpsons set and it’s not cheap
This is an unusual set in that it doesn’t fit in line with the other sets by Lego. It is a licensed stand-alone exclusive that suits the tastes of serious builders. At the same time, the numerous details make this a great playset as well for the kids. The interior is the true highlight of the set, featuring numerous well-designed details and detachable furniture. The colorful pieces and tiles are great additions to one’s collection. I cannot think of flaws pertaining to this set except that it is pricey; even so, it contains enough pieces to justify the cost. Since this is a Lego exclusive, you will not be able to buy it for cheaper than the retail price, all the more reasons to get the set now.