The Brothers Brick gives you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our Weekly Brick Report for the first week of March.
TBB NEWS & REVIEWS: This week was light on news, but we still have a new Ideas set on its way, an interview with a Swedish superbuilder and a review of some sweet rides. Happy reading!
- Women of NASA is the next LEGO Ideas model – The results are in, and some hidden minifigures from NASA will be joining the LEGO Ideas line. Voltron is still in consideration too!
- Build your own Antarctic LC-130 Hercules designed by Ralph Savelsberg – TBB’s own Ralph Savelsberg created a LEGO LC-130 Hercules that we sent to Antarctica, and now you can build your own iconic aircraft, thanks to a custom Brickmania kit.
- LEGO Speed Champions 75878 Bugatti Chiron – For those fans of cars we’ll never own, the LEGO Speed Champions line has added a sleek Bugatti with a few new parts to boot.
- Interview with Swedish superbuilder LegoJalex – We talk with Johan Alexanderson about his unique building style and how it is influenced by being an illustrator and comic book artist.
OTHER NEWS: There was a little LEGO news from other places around the web this week. Here are a few items we noticed and thought you might enjoy.
- European Shipping Company Shows Guinness World Record LEGO Ship, Afloat – 7,000 employees of a Danish shipping company built the 40-foot long ferry with over 1,000,000 bricks.
- LEGO Movie 2 Will Be an Epic Space Action Movie, MovieWeb – Chris McKay (director of The LEGO Batman Movie) reveals the sequel will be a big musical with lots of SPACESHIPS!
- Build a Specialized LEGO Station for Ultimate Organization, Lifehacker – Check out what you can do with a few IKEA hacks to help organize your sprawling LEGO collection
- Leia’s Jabba Kill Immortalized in LEGO Tribute to Carrie Fisher, Nerdist – A stunning Carrie Fisher tribute makes it to Emerald City Comicon, created by TBB’s own Iain Heath. Come to the Brick Nation area of the Seattle show to see it in person!