Here is my summary of the highlights of the set, which are elaborated in the review video below.
- Includes lots of tan and dark tan bricks and slopes useful for landscape builders.
- Notable unique and rare elements include dark tan BURPs, boulder, transparent clear 1×4 tiles, transparent green bottle, and a cattle skull.
- A surprisingly large number of play features (see video below)
- All 5 minifigs are unique to the set.
- Model has a non-rectangular footprint and thus has a more natural look.
- Price is a bit steep, but it could be worse.
- Hardly any new part molds besides the cattle skull.
- Standard building techniques with exception of the mine cart.
Overall the Silver Mine Shootout is a decent set worthy of addition to your collection. There’s hardly any sets out there with so many desert landscape elements, but even if you’re not ready to cannibalize the set for parts yet, there’s still display value in its natural appearance and fun to be had in all the play features. Buying this set at retail price is an ok deal, but finding it at a discount would be really worth it.
79110 Silver Mine Shootout is out on Amazon.com and the LEGO Shop online.