It seems like there are new books about LEGO coming out constantly, both from famously “LEGO-friendly” publishing houses like No Starch Press and from many other publishers.
We haven’t been able to feature or review all of them, so here’s a quick roundup of the many LEGO books published so far in 2013, along with links to pre-order a number of future books.
- The Big Unofficial Lego Builder’s Book: Build Your Own City by Joachim Klang and Oliver Albrecht
- Brick City: Global Icons to Make from LEGO by Warren Elsmore
- LEGO Minifigures: Character Encyclopedia from DK, with an exclusive toy soldier minifig
- The BrickGun Book: Build the World’s Most Realistic LEGO Handguns by Jeff Boen
- Brick by Brick: How LEGO Rewrote the Rules of Innovation and Conquered the Global Toy Industry by David Robertson with Bill Breen
- Lego: Build Your Own Vehicles by Joachim Klang
- The LEGO Build-It Book, Vol. 1: Amazing Vehicles by Nathanaël Kuipers and Mattia Zamboni, due out July 29
- Beautiful LEGO by Mike Doyle, due out September 10
- The LEGO Adventure Book, Vol. 2: Spaceships, Pirates, Dragons & More! by Megan Rothrock, due out September 22
- The LEGO Build-It Book, Vol. 2: More Amazing Vehicles by Nathanaël Kuipers and Mattia Zamboni, due out September 22
- LEGO Galaxy: Build Your Own Universe by Joe Klang, Oliver Albrecht, and Lutz Uhlmann, due out October 16
- LEGO Space: Building the Future by Peter Reid and Tim Goddard, due out October 22
I’m particularly excited about LEGO Space by perennial TBB favorites Pete Reid and Tim Goddard. Though we don’t have too many details about what’s inside, the cover alone hints at Neo-Classic Space greatness.