Today LEGO has unveiled the latest set from its crowdsourcing platform LEGO Ideas, 21320 Dinosaur Fossils. The set features two dinosaur skeletons of T. rex and Triceratops, as well as the flying Pteranodon. It also includes a minifigure skeleton as LEGO Sapiens, along with a living relative in the form of a paleontologist. With 910 pieces, the set will retail for US $59.99 | CAN $79.99 | UK £54.99, and will be available to purchase starting Nov. 1. We’ve already got our hands on a copy of this set, so be sure to check out our early review of 21320 Dinosaur Fossils.
Check out all the details below, including the full press release and images.
The set’s three main fossil models all hail from Cretaceous period about 66-86 million years ago, though only the T. rex and Triceratops were contemporaries. All the fossils have white and tan skeletons similar to the stereotypical plaster casts of fossils sometimes displayed by museums, and each comes with a black stand including a placard with the creature’s scientific name, including the ancient minifigure.
The largest model is the Tyrannosaurus rex measuring over 7” (20cm) tall and 15” (40cm) long.
The Pteranodon longiceps is actually a pterosaur reptile, not a dinosaur, and predates the dinos by about 20 million years. Even though it’s the smallest of the models, it’s still got a massive wingspan.
Here’s the official press release from LEGO.
21320 LEGO® Ideas Dinosaur Fossils
Ages 16+. 910 pieces
Collectible LEGO® Ideas Dinosaur Fossils toy for display!
Learn about life on Earth millions of years ago and create a stunning centerpiece with this collectible LEGO® Ideas 21320 Dinosaur Fossils toy building kit for adults. This 910-piece set offers an immersive, creative building experience for natural history enthusiasts who will appreciate the authentic details of the 2 dinosaur skeleton models (Tyrannosaurus rex and Triceratops) and the pterosaur reptile (Pteranodon) skeleton toy. The models are built to 1:32 scale, can be adjusted into lifelike poses and each one comes with its own stand so they can be placed alongside the included sapiens skeleton figure for a museum-style display. To complete the set, there’s also a paleontologist toy minifigure with various accessories for imaginative role-play fun. All in all, this archaeology toy makes a great dinosaur gift for adults to build solo or to share their passion for natural history with family and friends.
- A wonderfully detailed dinosaur fossils set featuring buildable, posable, 1:32 scale toy models of Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops and Pteranodon skeletons, each with display stands to create LEGO® style natural history museum exhibits.
- Also includes a sapiens skeleton figure with a display stand, and a paleontologist toy minifigure with a buildable crate, plus dinosaur egg, bone, hat and book elements for creative role-play.
- This collectible LEGO® Ideas dinosaur toy set includes 910 pieces for an immersive, rewarding building experience.
- New to LEGO® building? Don’t worry. This paleontologist kit comes with a booklet featuring easy-to-follow building instructions, fascinating facts about the Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops and Pteranodon, and information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.
- Makes a wonderful paleontologist gift toy for LEGO® builders aged 16+ and anyone with a passion for natural history and dinosaurs.
- The pterosaur and dinosaur skeleton toy models make an eye-catching display. The T. rex toy skeleton is the biggest of the 3, measuring over 7” (20cm) tall and 15” (40cm) long.
|Czech Republic||1599.0 CZK|
|United Kingdom||54.99 GBP|
|Hong Kong||539.0 HKD|
|South Korea||89900.0 KRW|
|The Netherlands||64.99 EUR|
|New Zealand||109.99 NZD|
|Russian Fed.||4999.0 RUB|
|South Africa||1049.99 ZAR|