We’ve gotten enough suggestions for things we’ve already blogged (check out Page 2, people!) that I thought we should do a quick roundup of this week’s news items.
- 10197 out. 10197 Fire Brigade is now available and has been inspiring LEGO creations throughout the week. Andrey Kudinov built a 1930s-era Gaz-AA fire truck and Alex Eylar recreated 10197 in microscale.
- TBB in NYT. The New York Times mentioned The Brothers Brick in an article about how LEGO has recovered from its own financial crisis in the midst of a global recession.
- BrickCon 2009. Only a few days left to pre-register for BrickCon and guarantee all your goodies. We’re organizing Zombie Apocafest 2009, with other collaborative displays like Operation Bricklord and Battle Bugs.
- 6299 in NA. A petition is underway to get 6299 Pirates Advent Calendar in the US and Canada. No guarantee of success, but we can try.
- Blogged! Inspired by The Living Brick, we’ve started a Blogged by The Brothers Brick group on Flickr, where you can add your photo if it’s been blogged and peruse lots of the great LEGO creations we’ve highlighted.
Thanks to mumu over at かわいいレゴずき for the idea! Let us know if this is a good idea for us to do as well, and we can make it a weekly feature.