Christmas is just a couple weeks away, but there’s still time to pick up a bit more LEGO and put some boxes that have that special rattle beneath the tree. Both the LEGO Shop and Amazon.com have a few deals that will still arrive by December 25th.
Amazon.com has listed 10197 Fire Brigade at 20% off, down from $150 to $119.97.
Two large LEGO Star Wars sets are also on sale:
EDIT: Oops! Sorry for the double-post on the SSD. We’ll keep both posts up, though, since they have different info…
LEGO.com is still doing free shipping on all orders over $99, and you can pick up a free Gandalf minifig with any purchase of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey game.
Free shipping and guaranteed delivery by Christmas end at midnight EST, December 18th.
Naturally, the new LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sets won’t be available until a day later, starting on December 19th.
We’ll post a reminder in a week.
We expected LEGO to hold on to their 2013 sets until, well, 2013, but they’ve just released the new LEGO Space theme, Galaxy Squad, on the LEGO Shop online.
Here’s the full list of new LEGO Galaxy Squad sets:
We expected LEGO to officially release the LEGO Hobbit sets on December 1st, but they’re now available (perhaps spurred on by their early availability from places like Amazon.com). All of the new Hobbit sets are out on LEGO.com, and free shipping applies on orders over $99 through December 18.
Here’s the full list of sets:
- 79000 Riddles for the Ring: 105 parts and two minifigs (Bilbo Baggins and Gollum). This is a nice little set — we’ll have a full review up later today.
- 79001 Escape from Mirkwood Spiders: Includes 298 pieces and four minifigs (Fili, Kili, Legolas, and Tauriel). Read my review of 79001 here on TBB.
- 79002 Attack of the Wargs: 400 pieces at $49.99, and minifigs include Thorin Oakenshield, Bifur, Yazneg, and two orcs, plus two wargs. This is another set I picked up early here in Seattle, so I’ll try to get a review posted here on TBB later today as well.
- 79003 An Unexpected Gathering: My current favorite set of all time. With an MSRP of $69.99, Bag End has 652 pieces and six minifigs — Gandalf, Bilbo, Balin, Dwalin, Bofur, and Bombur.
- 79004 Barrel Escape: This set includes 334 pieces at $39.99, with five minifigs — Bilbo, Oin, Gloin, Thranduil the Elvenking, and a Mirkwood elf guard.
- 79010 The Goblin King Battle: At $99, this set has 841 parts and 7 minifigs — Gandalf, Dori, Ori, Nori, the Goblin King, a goblin scribe, and two goblins.
I know we’ve had a lot of sales news lately, but a percentage of everything you buy on the LEGO Shop and Amazon.com goes toward supporting what we do here on The Brothers Brick, from servers to contest sponsorships. Thanks very much for all your support over the years!
Today only, members of the LEGO VIP Program get early access to “Brick Friday” sales.
- The free shipping amount has been lowered to $49.
- At $99, you get this year’s exclusive holiday set for free (which can’t be purchased separately).
- At $149, you get 10% off your whole order.
And since we haven’t mentioned it yet, the LEGO Shop now has a Retiring Soon page that highlights LEGO sets for which production runs will not be renewed, and so whatever LEGO currently has in stock is all that’s left.
Chief among these is the classic LEGO Castle set 10193 Medieval Market Village, unveiled at BrickCon 2009.
Don’t miss the rest of the Retiring Soon sets on LEGO.com.
The LEGO Shop has discounted a few sets by 10%, including 10219 Maersk Train. Ten percent isn’t a huge discount, but a couple of these are exclusive to LEGO stores, so you won’t find them on clearance at your local big box store.
Excluding things like keychains (wait for them to go down to 75% off and then harvest them for their organs — I mean, parts!) and flashlights, here’s the list:
And remember that LEGO is doing free shipping on all orders over $99 through December 18.
The LEGO Shop online kicks off September with free shipping in the US, UK, and Canada on all orders over $75/£50, with a free Monster Fighters mini-set thrown in to sweeten the deal.
LEGO’s latest exclusive set, Monster Fighters 10228 Haunted House, has also just been released.
The set comes with six minifigs, over two thousand parts, and enough zombie heads to build a horde.
Here’s a look at the freebie, which actually looks like it has some pretty nice pieces in it (including another zombie):
As Ace over at FBTB rightly guessed, LEGO has also been kind enough to create a page for The Brothers Brick on the Shop@Home website. We’ll be filling it up with the sets we recommend shortly, but in the meantime you can click through from here to get your free shipping and free set:
Important: If you’d like to help support The Brothers Brick, we’d love it if you would bookmark this blog post and use it to click through to the US, UK, and Canadian Shop@Home websites. (Don’t bookmark the pages I linked to above. Oddly, LEGO’s systems won’t know where you came from and 3% of your purchase won’t go toward helping us pay the bills. Ah, software…)
The third-quarter LEGO sets are now officially out, led by both the new LEGO Lord of the Rings and Marvel Super Heroes sets. If you buy $50 from the LEGO Shop between now and the end of the month, you’ll get an exclusive Hulk minifig that’s not available in any set, for free. And you’ll get the original Frodo minifig movie poster with any LEGO LOTR order.
Having *ahem* cheated and picked up some of these sets at a local brick-and-mortar store on Sunday, I can attest to the awesomeness of a tiny Gandalf and even tinier Frodo — with suspenders! — in 9469 Gandalf Arrives.
Here’s the list of all LEGO LOTR sets that are out now:
- 9469 Gandalf Arrives: Comes with Gandalf, Frodo Baggins, and one of the new horses Chris covered in his review of 9471 Uruk-hai Army.
- 9470 Shelob Attacks: Includes Frodo, Samwise Gamgee, the One Ring, and Gollum.
- 9471 Uruk-hai Army: With Eomer, Rohirrim archer, four Uruk-hai, and a new horse.
- 9472 Attack on Weathertop: Has Aragorn, Frodo, Meriadoc Brandybuck, two Ringwraiths, and two of the new horses in black.
- 9473 The Mines of Moria: I picked this one up locally too, and it’s a pretty fun build that has lots of play features and cool minifigs — Legolas (resulting in the inevitable puns while I built the set, followed by swooning from my wife), Gimli, Boromir, Peregrin Took, two orcs/goblins, and a very large cave troll.
- 9474 The Battle of Helm’s Deep: The largest set in the theme at $130 and over 1,300 parts, this set comes with Aragorn, Gimli, Haldir, King Théoden, and four Uruk-hai (including the torch-wielding berserker).
- 9476 The Orc Forge: This set is exclusive to one of the big-box retailers if you don’t get it directly from LEGO, and has Lurtz, two orcs/goblins, and another Uruk-hai.
Here’s a closer look at Helm’s Deep:
Finally, just when you thought the current LEGO Castle theme was (mostly) dead, LEGO has just released a new 853373 LEGO Kingdoms Chess Set.
Main Hulk minifig offer link for US readers:
For our Canadian readers:
And for our UK readers:
Disclaimer: We do this to pay the bills, which are very real thanks to several hundred thousand wonderful readers like you out there who loyally visit Brothers-Brick.com every week. :-) Similar deals may or may not be available in other countries.
If I learned nothing else at Emerald City Comicon last weekend (post to follow shortly), it’s that I’m much more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan. So I’m a lot more excited by the official release today of the LEGO Marvel sets than I was about the DC sets a few months back.
Wolverine is looking pretty awesome with his claws and bike, but Captain America is who I’m happiest to see in LEGO minifig form:
Each set includes a unique combination of minifigs that I’m sure was designed to encourage collectors to buy them all:
- Captain America’s” Avenging Cycle: Includes Captain America and a couple guys who must be from the upcoming movie (or a comic book I haven’t read)
- Wolverine’s” Chopper Showdown: Includes Wolverine, Magneto, and Deadpool.
- Loki’s” Cosmic Cube Escape: Includes Iron Man, Loki, and Hawkeye.
- Hulk’s” Helicarrier Breakout: Includes Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, and Loki.
- Quinjet Aerial Battle: Includes Thor, Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson, Loki, and one of those “foot soldier” dudes.
Our US readers can see the complete product listing by clicking through the following banner:
In other good news, TBB readers in the UK and Canada can now help support the site by clicking through from TBB when buying LEGO from the LEGO Shop online. I’ll set up the ads on the left to link differently depending on where you are shortly, but in the meantime, you can use the banners below (apologies for the visual repetition — it hurts my eyes, too):
I realize that the release of 10224 Town Hall isn’t news to many of you (I’ve been on vacation), but the LEGO Shop online is also having a double VIP points promotion through March 15, and today through the end of the month you’ll get free shipping on all orders over $75.
If you buy the Town Hall between now and the 15th, you’ll get 399 VIP points.
The LEGO Shop online has just marked down a huge number of LEGO sets, some as much as 75% off.
Act quickly, because these types of deals are usually gone within a few hours.
There’s also a special promo for NinjaGo, which gets you a booster pack on all orders over $75.
2012 Batman and Superman sets are out a couple weeks early from LEGO Shop online. The new sets include 6864 The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase, which goes for $50 and includes five minifigs.
So far, the Man of Steel is only available in 6862 Superman vs. Power Armor Lex, which also includes Lex Luthor and Wonder Woman.
(And no, I haven’t forgotten about our giveaway of the SDCC 2011 exclusive minifigs. It’s just taken forever to scrub the comment data so I can properly — and fairly — randomize the entries. Apologies for the delay, especially now that you can buy your own Batman, but the person who wins him will still be getting the minifig on a card that was exclusive to Comic-Con, so hope you can forgive me…)
Remember, free shipping is now available for orders of $49, with guaranteed delivery by Christmas on all orders placed before December 18.