The Brothers Brick publishes so many stories that we’re giving you the best of LEGO news and reviews. This is our Weekly Brick Report for the third week of January.
TBB NEWS: From a life-sized Batmobile to a tiny Baby Groot, we have all the news you need to know along with a builder interview and a deep dive into a fascinating new part.
- Life-sized LEGO Batmobile made from over 300,000 bricks – LEGO and Chevrolet teamed up to build a life-sized version of 70905 The Batmobile, and it is exactly as awesomely black (and very dark grey) as the Dark Knight might hope.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 LEGO sets revealed – Retail giant Amazon has published images of the new LEGO sets for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2, so take a look at Baby Groot!
- An interview with Romanian super-builder Vitreolum – We had a deep conversation with Pacurar Andrei, who made our short-list of the year’s best creations.
- New NEXO Knights “Nexogon” part analysis by New Elementary – Enjoy this excellent analysis of a unique new part available now in NEXO Knights sets, which originally appeared on New Elementary.
TBB REVIEWS & INSTRUCTIONS: We reviewed Creator and Ninjago sets, and have some instructions for yet another cute cat. (We might have an addiction here at TBB with brick-built pets…)
- 31065 Park Street Townhouse 3-in-1 – LEGO’s latest set in the Creator theme is the Park Street Townhouse, which is a lovely addition to the mini-modular line.
- Ninjago 70621 The Vermillion Attack – This set is packed with interesting parts and play features, and some of the most detailed armor we’ve ever seen.
- Instructions to build a cute LEGO cat called Jiji – Make your own pet from Kiki’s Delivery Service, the 1989 Japanese animated fantasy by Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli.
OTHER NEWS: There was a massive amount of LEGO news from other places around the web this week. Here are a few items we noticed and thought you might enjoy.
- The LEGO CITY Undercover trailer has arrived, WB Games YouTube – The first official trailer for fan-favorite game LEGO CITY Undercover is here.
- LEGO crime wave hits Melbourne, The Age – Speaking of undercover work, police in Australia are asking for help to catch brick-obsessed thief.
- LEGO prices scale linearly, remain constant over time, Nerdist – A study has found that LEGO prices have remained constant over the past few decades. Tell that to my wallet, though.
- LEGO IDEAS launches a new test lab for top contributors, LEGO IDEAS Blog – Read about the test version of an updated LEGO Ideas software platform.
- New Found Glory’s Chad Gilbert and LEGO made a music video, Alt Press – This music video celebrates through mixing up your sets in the most pop-punk way possible.
- Famous paintings reimagined with LEGO, Konbini – Artist Stefano Bolcato mixes minifigs and the masters to make witty works of wonder.
That’s your Brick Report. See you next week!