The Brothers Brick comes across so much LEGO-related news each week that we’ve decided to package up all the interesting stories we’ve written and the content that’s grabbed our attention into a Weekly Brick Report for your reading enjoyment. Some weeks there will be lots of links to share; other weeks there will be hardly any stories out there–that’s the fickle nature of the news. But these are some headlines worth sharing.
So without further adieu, here’s this week’s Brick Report:
REVIEWS: TBB’s hands got tired this week between building this massive modular and feeling out a full case of minifig bags.
- LEGO’s biggest modular yet: 10255 Assembly Square – LEGO is celebrating the 10th year for its Modular Buildings. Read our early review to see what excitement is in store!
- The LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigures Feel Guide – With so many Batman cowls, what should you feel for? Here are the secrets you need to know.
- LEGO Disney 41150 Moana’s Ocean Voyage and 41149 Moana’s Island Adventure – Moana joins the Disney Princess franchise, but how do the sets stack up against the movie?
TBB NEWS: We have the news you want (LEGO Gingerbread houses at the White House! Win a Death Star!) and the news you don’t (UK LEGO prices are going up, up, up!).
- EXCLUSIVE: LEGO-made gingerbread houses decorate the White House, plus an interview with the design team – TBB’s exclusive interview with the elves that built 56 unique gingerbread houses out of LEGO for the White House.
- UK LEGO prices to increase 5% in January – Only one week left to stock up on LEGO in the UK before prices go up!
- Shortlist announced for Brothers Brick LEGO Creation of the Year 2016 – Take a look at the Top Ten LEGO Creations of the Year! Which one will win our coveted top spot?
- Win the LEGO Star Wars Death Star to celebrate TBB’s 100,000th follower – Geez, guys, you are going to make us blush! Enter the contest on our Facebook page!
OTHER NEWS: This week there was a massive amount of LEGO news from other places around the internet. Here are a few headlines we noticed and thought you might enjoy too.
- LEGO Batman’s holiday card revealed, @LEGOBatmanMovie – There’s nothing like celebrating the holidays with your butler and overly-enthusiastic sidekick. Plus new posters!
- Celebrate Rogue One by destroying 7 LEGO Star Wars sets, Wired – Try not to cry as Wired smashes several UCS Star Wars sets as well as our hopes and dreams.
- The Today Show shares the kindness, LEGO YouTube – The Today Show’s Kathie Lee and Hoda get LEGO-ified to raise awareness about the #ShareKindness campaign–minus the wine.
- Family builds massive sculptures of Santa and stockings for each Christmas, The Sun – Because who wouldn’t want a six-foot-tall sock made out of LEGO in the living room?
- Behind the scenes with the man who deigns LEGO Speed Champions, Road and Track – Craig Callum talks about his passion for cars, both real and made of LEGO.
- Building risk management brick by brick, Wall Street Journal – Hans Læssøe, senior director at LEGO Systems, talks about how the company avoids risk and anticipates misuse and abuse of LEGO products in order to prevent harm.
- Tampa Bay’s Bridge dilemma explained with LEGO, Tampa Bay Times – An interactive story using LEGO animation to explain how a bridge construction project got sidelined.
- Last minute gift ideas for LEGO fans that aren’t LEGO, Kotaku – First off, why??? The best gift is MORE LEGO! But these would actually be nice too.
- Do you know your classic cars? Daily Star Sunday – Can you name all these iconic vehicles made by TBB’s own Ralph Savelsberg?
- What’s a beer’s spirit minifig? Londonist – Beer and LEGO superfan Tom Delcourt’s pursuit to pair pilsners with the perfect plastic people.
Whew, that’s it for this week. Have a happy holiday week and see you at the end of the year!