Chrome Block City is a Bricklink store that specializes in selling a large selection of custom chromed Lego elements. This is our first time reviewing their products, which the owner has sent to me for sale in the Creations for Charity fundraiser later this year. Below is a video of the review along with a summary of pros and cons.
- Large selection of parts and colors.
- Very limited quantities on most items, making them exclusive to the few owners.
- Same clutch strength when used with regular Lego elements.
- High quality of chrome paint on most items.
- Chrome parts are expensive due to their quality and cost of production.
- Some parts with bar shapes have minor exposed areas that are not chromed. Contact the seller before buying if this is a concern to you.
- Underlying printed patterns on the original elements may be visible. This can be cool if the pattern is appropriate but may be distracting if the pattern is out of context.
Overall, Chrome Block City’s large selection of chromed elements means there’s a good chance you’ll find something that appeals to you in an interesting shade of chrome. Many of their items are one-of-a-kind, which means you can take pride in being the owner of an exclusive chrome Lego piece. Despite the high quality of most elements, a few will have imperfections as mentioned above and in the video, but they are not significant enough to be recognized without a close inspection.