As part of the service on The Brothers Brick we like to promote LEGO related events so that our readers have a chance to look at LEGO in real life (yes, there is stuff outside the Internet). With many readers from all around the world (OK, not all around but covering a good portion of it) we are in a position to reach people that may otherwise be unaware of events in their neighbourhood.
However we are rarely the right people to give out details of events as we are not involved in their coordination. Nor do we speak most languages so cannot give information in most local dialects. As such we rely on “press releases” from these events to convey information in the most accurate manner.
So what do we mean by a ‘press release’? As a general rule it should include the following
- Dates and locations.
- A brief summary of what the event entails.
- Information about public/open days.
- A link to a website or email for contact.
- DATES AND LOCATIONS. I’ve seen it forgotten more than once.
- A flyer or logo image available in different sizes. We like 500px wide here but it should be no taller than 600px.
- The same again but in the local language where applicable.
Try to keep it short but it doesn’t have to be terse. Remember you’re selling your event to people so a little bit of excitement doesn’t go astray. IT WILL BE AWESOME!!!! is probably too much excitement.
Once you’ve written your “press release,” send it our way using the Contact Us page.
So, that’s how to get your LEGO event announced.